Saturday, August 4, 2012

Pout no more

My wife had a pair of shoes which had metallic pearls stuck on the toe after some wear they started to fall off. She found pearls to replace the old ones but they were a different colour.... So what does she do? She brings the pearls and the shoes to me with a pout on her face. Have no fear honey, hubby is here! So as I mentioned before I am ODU's main blogger and I happen to have model building skills!


I wasnt thinking of documenting the process until I sprayed on the rubber black undercoat so the processes are,

                               1. Stick on the pearls with super glue and wait for them to dry
                               2. Mask the toe and surrounding area for protection
                               3. Apply the undercoat and wait for the paint to dry
                               4. Apply gun metal as necessary


After three coats of gun metal

Cat's shoes are ready for wear once again and the pout has disappeared!



No comments:

Post a Comment